Asics Kayano 17 Review

After wearing Asics Nimbus for the past 2 years, i decided to switch back to stability running. Reason was that i suspected my knee pain might be due to the over pronation of my feet. Among the 2 better stability shoes that Asics offered, i guess i had not much choice but to choose Kayano 17 (maximum structured support) since i did not have a good experience with the other (GT series).

The colour i selected is a blue 2E model. Nothing really flashy about it but the combination of the blue and white made this pairs look like a tough running machine. First impression of the shoes is the weight which is comparable to my GT2150 and the better fit feeling as compared to my Nimbus. Other noticeable feature is the guidance line at the bottom sole. The path is slightly curved through the bottom of the tread path which unlike any other shoes i had. Asics claimed that this helps to provide a smooth gait while running.

The first time I slide the shoes in, i could feel plenty of support at the mid and fore foot. In addition, I liked the sturdy and solid heel construction which gave me pretty of cushioning at the heel.

While running with the shoes, i could immediately feel the stiffness all the way and the strong support at the mid foot. This gave me a very stable landing throughout the 10km run without sacrificing the flexibility. The grip and traction was also great for the pavement and road. However, the only complain I had for this shoes was its poor ventilation. At about 10km distance, I felt my feet was starting to heat up. Nevertheless, i want to give a benefit of doubt as perhaps the poor ventilation might be attributed to the hot weather over the past few days.

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: