A Stroll at Chinatown



Tonight, I went down to Chinatown looking up for any good dinner around as I tired of the food near my house. As I walking down the street, I saw a number of unfamiliar shops selling China Cuisines setting up at there. Chinatown has not failed its name as one of the best food paradise in Singapore. The photos of the Cuisines hanging out of the shop are alluring. One of the shops that caught hold of my attention is “Feng Bo Zhuang Jiu Jia” (www.ahfbz.com).

The decoration of the shop resembles those in the martial art movie of ancient China. Sadly, there was no customers inside. Still, the unique names of the dishes were interesting. Every dish takes the name of a martial art. Two shops away, there is a desert stall packed with customers which was a total contrast from “Feng Bo Zhuang Jiu Jia”.

As I walking in a circle, I discovered another vegetarian restaurant newly opened at the cross junction of Havelock Road and South Bridge Road. The vegetarian foods remind me of those I had in Chengdu.

Next, I headed towards the newly open temple. The temple was dazzling and beautifully lit up. I entered and there was a huge Buddha status sitting in front of the hall surrounded by countless mini-size Buddha status. I took 3 joss-sticks and prayed for my family’s safety. The temple attendant told me that I needed only burned 1 joss-stick. It is the thought and sincerity that really matters. How true…

In the end, I had a glass of “Tek Tarih” at the Maxwell Market and took a bus back home.

Posted in |

0 comments: