Sunday Training

I was extremely late for this morning Safra’s training, which started from the clubhouse, running towards Kent Ridge Road before making U-turn and back to Mount Faber through South Bouna Vista Road (30km). Instead of following the usual route, I ran in their opposite direction hoping that I would come across them on my way up.

The weather was scorching and humid after days of sudden rain. I had to put on my shades to block the glaring light and my skin was fried under the hot sunny sun. Sadly, my knees still hadn’t recovered from the ITB and stitches from the knees still disturbing my pace. I jogged at a relatively low speed aiming to accumulate mileage.

When I reached Kent Ridge Road, I saw no sight of any Safra runners. My mouth was too dry, and hurried searching for water to curb my dying thirst. After making a U-turn, I met the runners at the cross junction between Kent Ridge Road and South Buona Vista. As usual, Lai Chee was the first in the group, followed by Collen, Derek and etc. Most of the runners had went passed me. I saw Yong at Pasir Panjang Road but he stopped over at one of the petrol station.

At the traffic towards Alexandra Road, Heng had caught up with me with PS at behind struggling with her pace. For the last many runs, she had been at the very few last runners. Perhaps, her training regime had wear her down to keep up with our rigorous Sunday long run. Both me and Heng were running at a comfortable pace and chatting along the way. At Harbour Front, my pains came again, feeling like a screw dropped out from my right knees. Oh Gosh!!

After the run, we had a brunch at the nearby hawker center. Subsequently, I dropped by at Chinatown to have a good treatment of Chinese acupuncture. Freddie was joking that it was an easy business for him to treat me. My condition was so bad that he couldn’t need to exert any force. Oh well!!

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: