Singapore's Olympic Dream and Final Destination

After 48 years, Singapore has finally realized its dream of wining an Olympic medal today. There was a mix of anxiety and excitement before and after the match. Many of the Singaporeans were eagerly watching and listening to the event's broadcast. Everyone in my office was feeling excited and proud of the country's achievement. Backtracking, we had came close to achieve this dream in the last two Olympics. Disappointments were met, but Singapore has never given its dream. It took faith, talents and resource in realizing this goal of us and we have made it of today!!.

That reminded me of a book I read recently titled "The Last Lecture". The book focus much about realizing your childhood dream. Back to myself, I had met with setbacks to earn a degree from University. Three times of getting rejection from admitting into local University, then faced with financial crisis while studying in overseas. It looked upon me at that time the dream was nearly impossible, as considering the series of situations faced during that time. However, with a good support from my parents and family, i had made it. Without their support, I wouldn't have succeed as I could be as then. Subsequently, by a stroke of inspiration from someone I hold dearly, I gave another attempt to earn my Master with NTU giving little hope of success. After two long years of waiting, i filled up my application and clicked on the "Submit" button. The rest was the application process i had to go through. Surprisingly, it went smoothly apart from giving up my full-time job to take on the task. With a few sentences exchanged with my family, I'm all set to go and earned my Master with good results.

Perhaps it was my stubbornness and willingness to take risks that I would achieve this little dream of mine. Looking forward, i still in search of other goal to reach. As now, given myself of another three more years, I hope to summit K2 before any of my health conditions deteriorate due to the passage of time. Time after time, i wondering if K2 would be my final destination or would i able to come back after that? Questions will remain unanswered unless I ever try to do it..

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: