Pearl Izumi (2nd Run)

Michael had offered to give a ride to the Kallang river and we met at 6am. There was limited parking space at the veneue and we had to circle around to "shop" for one parking lot. Many of the runners were having the same problem. I could see runners running up to the starting point, presuming they had parked their cars far away. PS and Alber were late. I called out to PS that the run for women had flagged off. Instead, she wanted to join in with the men's run. However, probably, seeing so many macho men and embarrassed that she was the odd one out. She made a U-turn and began her run before reaching the starting line. ha.. Nevertheless, she made her way back again... From afar, i could see Chairman and few other Safra runners were making fun of her. heehee.. hopeless...

There was a delay for the men to flag off. The run started at around 7:20am, about 15mins late. I was running together with Freddy, Jimmy, Melvin and etc. As if there is a curse on every PI run, my stomach felt queerly and i could hardly breathe during the run. Perhaps, it was the long suffering of my cough that affected my breath. After intake of water at the first water point, my stomach started to make funny noise. Gosh!! Which meant i had to slow down my pace.

This time, the route took us from the Kallang river to the Open door stadium and made a loop back to Golden Mile complex for two rounds. I couldn't count how many loops i had done, because every of the scenery looked the same to me. The weather was cooling today with little drizzling for the first hour. Alvin Ong was managing the second water point, and cheering up for me. Good buddy. :)

The difficulty in breathing had caught up with me. At the last hour, my pace was slower with some of the runners overtook me. Nevermind, i ran my own race and my target was to do a 1:40. Finally, in the last lap towards the finishing line, i managed to overtake 2 more runners and reached the end point within my targetted time.

While resting, Chairman announced the actual distance was 18.2km instead of 20km as planned. Sad.. Which meant i missed my timing.

In the afternoon, I was sharing a cab with Simon to celebrate Jamie's birthday at the PUB recreational club. Then after, i got to rush over to Mount Alvernia Hospital to visit Alvin after his back bone surgery. Next, we settled down at Jone's cafe at Dempsy road for a high tea before eating up the durians at my place. Finally, I met up with Michelle for a good dinner at Muratama and a an enjoyable dessert at Laurent's cafe. A full day event. Cheers!

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: